Wondering how you can reduce the carbon footprint of you and your guests on your wedding day? Below are a few ideas that can help your day be greener, while still being stylish and uniquely yours.
- Choose recycled invitations, thank you cards and place cards.
- Use locally grown flowers.
- Select an outdoor venue for the ceremony to reduce the need of artificial lighting.
- Keep the reception close to the ceremony location for less fuel usage.
- Develop a menu of locally and organically grown food.
- Decorate with natural products and keep paper or synthetic products to a minimum.
- Give guests plantable party favors, such as seed packets that can grow just as your marriage does.